Sunday, March 14, 2010

Paul: just one of the editors

So, Ryan told everybody to write on this blog like forever ago, and now I just got the motivation to do it.

I got involved with this project thanks to Mark Barry, who's one of the filmmakers, who also goes to LaSalle Street Church with me. I had the first official meeting with Ryan and Mark the first of February, 2010 (I put the year because we all know this project has been going on for a while now). They went over the outline with me and gave me the footage for scene 1: Astoria. I've been editing the scene since then.

I basically know the riders now, even though I've only met Ryan personally. It'll be weird to see them in the future and be like, I know pretty much everything about you and you know nothing about me. Its weird. I have this special bond with each rider and they don't even know it. Sad.

Other than that, I think this is an exciting project because I've talked about the similar idea with college friends, making a documentary of us biking the states, but I guess the idea has already been done. I enjoy editing this video very much because of the shots they have. I think they are beautiful. I've been doing video editing on FCP for about 5 years now, since high school. It is also kinda my major, so... what else? I'm pretty much done working on scene 1 and ready to move on to a new scene.

And yes, I have a mustache.

No comments: