Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Andy: Chicago

Well, after around 70 days on the road, and what will be over 4300 miles, I'm pretty sick of bicycle touring. That's why I've decided to end my Summer tour early in Chicago (my home). The rest of the gang will be going on to the East, but I'll be moving to New York in a couple months, and want to spend some time at home with my family and Chicago friends before taking off for that other big city.

Touring was fun, and I have no regrets. Actually, I plan on biking solo to New York in October, so I'll get my coast to coast ride, with a nice little breather. It's not what we planned, but oh well.

As far as I know, the rest of the gang is going the distance, all the way to DC as originally planned, and I'm sure they'll have a great time. While I'm sad to leave my friends, I'm really happy to leave my friends.

Thanks for the support! USA! USA!

We'll be in Chicago between the 26th and 29th. See you then!

PS if anyone know a bikable route to New York from Chicago that doesn't get a lot of snow, shoot me a message.

2 comments:

Heidi said...

I'm sorry you're stopping, but understand. Who's gonna hang out w/Matt and take up the rear? I'm told that's your position. Too bad we won't see you in Medina when the group stays w/the rest of the Entrekin clan, and that they won't get to meet you - but we'll see you in NYC for sure! Great job, biker.

Anonymous said...

Doesn't Andy Chicago make a statement to you?

I think Chicago needs to experience you before you go to NY. Please stay here and try it out for a while.

I love that you've made a choice. But I'd love if you hung around here and ventured out into the Chicago scene first. Chicago needs more talent like yours right now. Think about it.

Hugs. Patty