Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Andy: Families (The Truth)

WARNING to PARENTS. This Blog contains the FACTS. If you're not ready to let you children know the TRUTH, then throw you computer AWAY, because I can't be held responsible for your FEAR.

Hey Kids!
When I tell you little guys about how we stayed with some of Stu's family in Denver, I get a lot of confused looks and vacant stares. “Family” that's a tough one, huh. We've been hearing an awful lot about “families” on the news recently, and I know it might be weird or awkward to talk to you parents about it but before you go getting “family” tattooed on your knee, or carving “family” into the mantle above your fireplace underneath all the bones, I think you ought to know exactly what a family is.

A family is a perfectly natural thing, everybody has them for the most part and it's nothing to get upset over or giggle about. Still,before you shut off your Desktop and hit the snooze button on your brain, you should know that I'm a cool dude. I recognize that talking about families of people might be a bit strange so I'll just be talking about families of pandas.

Say you have this panda. Now, if this panda has a panda best friend, then that's a family. (not too tough huh, buds.;-)) Now, if these two pandas have a pet of some kind, like a cat, or a two cats, then that's not a family, unless one of the pandas or both of the cats smokes. If I take a Panda, cut it in half, and then two pandas grow, but one of them if the inverse of the first one, then that's not a family, unless they have a cat, or neither of them smokes. A panda and a pack of cigarettes are a family. Not two cats though, unless they have pet panda. If a panda eats a cat, and a cigarette, then smokes, then that's a family.

Got it?

Now that we've got that cleared up, we stayed with Stu's family in Denver, they were incredible and I love tacos.

3 comments:

Heidi said...

Been turning those chains a bit too long have you? Whoa! Well - glad to be enlightened about "the truth" of families. Thanks so much Andy. May all future encounters with families be enjoyable. h

nicole said...

I love your blogs because they are so enlightening. I feel like I'm learning AND having fun!

typeislife said...

We are that Denver family... and we LOVED having you here with us. Family is important & we're glad that ours is so big... and even prouder that it continues to expand beyond the 'norm'. Ride safe... ~Mary, David, Dani & Genevieve