Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Ryan: Bike The Drive

So, Andy and I participated in Chicago's "Bike The Drive" event, where they closed Lake Shore Drive to cars, and opened it to bicycles from 5 a.m. to 9 a.m. on a Sunday. IT WAS AWESOME!

I can't express the feeling that overtook me when I was rolling down the middle of the street surrounded by other bicyclists. There must have been a couple thousand cyclists there (easy), all cruising down the "Drive" without a care in the world. What would the world be like if bikes replaced cars? It could happen.

Anyway, We ended up biking around 50-55 miles by the end of the day (which is up there for my longest ride yet), and it was extremely enjoyable. My excitement for the trip grows with each day that passes. T-Minus 24 days! Oh boy.

Ryan C. Kolegas

No comments: