Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Stuart: Spanish Inspiration

Just got back from two weeks in Spain. It was full of singing, dancing and lisps. I saw a bullfight in Granada and one Toreador tried this trick where he laid down right in front of the gate that the bull was let out. So, when the bull (not yet weakened, stabbed or bleeding) was released, it could run directly at him with full strength. His plan was obviously to dodge the bull and come away unscathed, then thrust his pelvis at the crowd in an intesely masculine display of pride. Unfortunately for him, the bull just smashed into his pathetic (in comparison) body and sent him flying. Luckily, a bunch of men came out to distract the raging animal from further destroying the frail figure it satisfyingly hit. After the toreador gathered himself and did a few pelvic thrusts to make sure he was okay, full of hubris, he tried it again. This time, the bull knocked him so hard his shoe flew off and he had to limp the rest of the fight. It isn't a far leap to think that I am that same silly man with a cape and this trip is beast with horns trying to severely mame me if I go into it too cocky and slightly underprepared. Before I left, I had been riding between 20 and 30 miles every day for about two weeks, so after two weeks in Spain (even with a delightful bicycle ride around Barthelona (Barcelona)), I assume I'm back to square one. I've got some work to do.

Stuart

1 comment:

Rob said...

I think that, like the toreador, as long as you get and face your challenges pelvis first, you'll be fine. Ego-wise that is. Physically speaking, there's still a very real possibility that your body will break.