Monday, July 21, 2008

Ryan- Birfday wonders

So, my Birfday was the 19th, and it reminded me of something (as it does every year)- MY FRIENDS ARE INCREDIBLE...

The day started off normal, like any other day, or birthday... It wasn't too special, in fact I was feeling kind of lethargic. It was our first free day in like ten days and we all had no idea what to do with our time... I had some business to take care of, but that was about it.

The original plan was to see BATMAN; DARK KNIGHT on my B-day, but the town did not have it playing. It wasn't a big deal, but my friends all could see I was disappointed. So, we went to the Grocery store and bought a ridiculous amount of food... We were having 6 chili cheese dogs (per person), chips and dip (I love dip... I don't know why, but I recently discovered I really like dipping and eating things), Ice cream (which we had to eat first 'cause it was melting), and a 12 case of Dr West (Which is Dr. Pepper, but out west). The 6 dogs turned into a challenge, in fact I think Scott was the only one who ate all 6.

At some point I turned to Andy and said, "I have to go to the bathroom," he looked back at me and said "oh, I"ll keep you company," then he turned to everyone else and said "hey guys, Ryan's got to go to the bathroom," and sure enough they all started following me... I was really confused why all my friends wanted to watch me while nature called. I said "this is weird, but whatever." Funniest part was that I didn't question it beyond that, they've conditioned me to understand they're weird.

Anyway, I get to the bathroom (a public bathroom in a park, mind you) and there are about 50 mini paper plates and streamers all over the walls. Each plate had a different drawing on them, some of insects, some of bikers, a Killer Unicorn Fractal, etc... and on the wall written through drawings it said "Happy B-Day Ryan."

What a surprise. It made my day... The food, the plates, the call of nature, everything just made it an awesome birthday.

Then we went to see THE INCREDIBLE HULK and INDIANA JONES at a drive in (apparently there's only 53 in the US). It was perfect.

The end

Ryan C. Kolegas

1 comment:

Marla said...

Ryan-

You're awesome. Sounded like a pretty good birthday.

p.s. Batman was AWESOME