Monday, June 16, 2008

Ryan: Funky Knee

So its been two days, 145 miles... I feel pretty good, minus my sore thighs, and exhaustion... However there is one big worry already. My knee seems to be mad at me. It is swollen and hurts- in a bad way (mostly when I'm riding)... I pushed through it yesterday and will probably do the same tomorrow, but today I'm relaxin' all cool. Stu and Andy made it to Portland, and Scott and them are going on a Gelato ride with Pedalpalooza. Its sounds sweet (literally, for the taste buds), and the gelato here is stellar, but I'd rather be able to rock tomorrow... Send my knee some good vibes, please. If I'm gonna make it 7400 more miles it needs to buck up...

Ryan C. Kolegas

4 comments:

Dan Fiorino said...

Hey Ryan! Fio here. I'm extremely excited that you guys are under way and I will try to keep putting my two cents in on your guys' blog. Don't forget to ice that knee - if you can - to keep the swelling down! Standing in Lake Michigan (still 60 degrees. brrr.)after running around in the sand has done wonders for my ankle. Stay well!! 'Merica!

Rob said...

Hey Ryan. Keep up the good work. I'm glad to hear that your knee is funky. Things that are funky are usually awesome, so I think this is a good development.

Heidi said...

ruh roh Ryan ... you have insurance so that if you need to seek medical advice, you can? dang ... we'll just trust it will heal up with ice and rest, and are sending positive vibes directly to it =) ... hg

john_bransfield said...

Ryan...hope the knee is all-better now.